Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Try as I may....

You know, when I first decided that making soap was something I wanted to do, I had NO idea how it would invade every part of my life. What began as something to dabble at all too soon became a complete & total obsession, just ask my husband.

As someone who never had time for a hobby, I thought, "this might be fun..." Little did I know that so many moments & just about all the extra space in our home, would become dedicated to soapmaking. Not to mention all of the other lovelies that I create & some yet to be created.

I am a mother & wife first, but I can tell you that the need to create is always hovering. I still have a full time job outside of the home & with 2 girls, a husband, a dog & a shameful number of cats (mostly working feline). I am often asked how I find the time to do it all? I just say that you have to love it. To be honest, it is my own substitute form of therapy. Not necessarily more cost effective, but a heck of alot more fun. Tons of sampling & "R&D", as tough as it may be at times ;), just add to the madness. The sweet smell of creation is a bonus as well!

So you see, try as I may, there is no cure for my soapmaking bug....

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, can I relate to your post, Kaci! You are an amazing soap artist and I am SO glad you have found an appropriate form of ...em..."therapy"! lol!

    Hope to get to know you more!
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You're blogging :) I'm so proud. B would probably hate me if I picked up another addiction. hehe

    Love ya!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete